1. We are a nonprofit organization that is 100% volunteer run (even our board of directors do not get paid).
2. All Registered Volunteers agree to Electronic Notification. This means volunteers agree to check the website, Team Facebook group, and Weekend of Wizardry Volunteer & Planning Group for Volunteer-related news and we will use provided email to send Volunteer related updates (volunteer may unsubscribe if they prefer to check the website only).
3. By volunteering with the Weekend of Wizardry volunteer hereby accepts to abide by the rules and regulations listed here, Event Rules and Regulations and Dorm Policies. The Weekend of Wizardry rules and regulations are subject to change without notice.
4. All volunteers must complete the volunteer waiver prior to volunteering.
5. All volunteers will help promote the event through invitations, flyers, sharing on social media, and any other forms of known or asked.
6. The volunteer acknowledges there are hazards and risks of physical injury or illness to volunteers of the event and that not all such hazards or risks can be fully eliminated. By volunteering at the event, the volunteer freely and voluntarily agrees to assume the full risk of bodily injury or property damage, regardless of severity, or death that volunteer may sustain as a result of attending the Event, whether or not caused by the negligence or gross negligence of Weekend of Wizardry and University of Puget Sound.
7. Volunteer must follow all state laws. We want our volunteers to have fun at the event but ask that they remember to be smart and don’t do anything that will get them in trouble.
8. No smoking except in designated areas. Smoking is prohibited in all academic, administrative, residential and public buildings of the university. This includes all offices, classrooms, restrooms, Facilities Services shops, vehicles and all common areas within buildings and residences. If a volunteer is caught smoking anywhere they are not supposed to be, they will be removed from the premises immediately. Please respect the college and WOW’s smoking regulations.
9. Illegal drugs and non-prescribed narcotics are prohibited. If a volunteer is caught with illegal drugs or non-prescribed narcotics the volunteer will be removed from the premises immediately and appropriate authorities will be called
10. Alcohol is prohibited for anyone under the age of 21. Volunteers are prohibited to drink prior or during their volunteer shift Those who are of age may not have an open container and must not consume alcohol in any public place on campus property. The use of alcohol on campus is limited to the bar area and at designated events. Personal consumption of alcohol is allowed in the dorm rooms. Kegs and large containers of alcohol are prohibited in the dorm rooms. Behavior displaying irresponsible consumption of alcohol, including but not limited to obvious intoxication (e.g., staggering, passing out, being unable to care for oneself), excessive noise, vandalism, excessive messes (e.g., litter, spills on carpets or furniture, throwing garbage or liquids), sickness, or verbal, written, or physical harassment will be grounds for removal from the premises.
11. Weapons are prohibited by anyone except law-enforcement officials, armored car couriers, or others specifically authorized by the university to support curricular or co-curricular programs and consistent with the university’s commitment to safety.
12. We are not responsible for lost items. We ask that volunteers remember to keep an eye on their belongings and do not leave them unguarded. Any items that are found will be given to the lost and found location near the registration area.
13. By volunteering with WOW, the volunteer consents to be photographed, filmed, and/ or otherwise recorded. The volunteer’s entry constitutes their consent to such photography, filming, and/or recording, and to any use, in any and all media in perpetuity, of their appearance, voice, and name or any purpose whatsoever in connection with the organization presently entitled CMG Events/Weekend of Wizardry and the University of Puget Sound. The volunteer understands that all photography, filming, and/or recording will be done in reliance on this consent given by their attendance at the event. If they do not agree to the foregoing, please do not attend the event.
14. Volunteers are expected to comply with traffic and parking regulations. Park only in visitor lots. Parking on campus is limited and volunteers are not guaranteed a spot.
15. Significant noise is prohibited between 10 pm and 8 am.
16. Treat attendees, UPS staff and fellow Weekend of Wizardry staff with respect. Please treat them with respect and understand that the goal is ensure a great experience for everyone.
17. Weekend of Wizardry is a fabulous experience for everyone involved. We will not tolerate excessive disruptive behavior of any kind or anything that would cause damage to college property or harm other attendees. If a volunteer causes harm to the property, an attendee, or staff member they will be removed immediately.
18. Volunteers are allowed to partake in activities when they are not assigned to a shift, but should not take a space causing a paying guest to miss out on the activity.
19. Volunteers should clean up after themselves at all times. We do not have staff on hand to clean up class rooms, dorm rooms, break rooms and any other areas on campus.
20. There is zero tolerance, no harassment policy at the WOW. This applies to everyone at the event. If you encounter any form of harassment while attending the event notify a Lead Volunteer or security immediately.
21. Volunteers must wear designated volunteer identification at all times. Including lanyard and badge. Additional identification may be required depending on role.
22. NO CAMPING! If a volunteer is found sleeping in a vehicle, public areas, or anywhere on campus besides their assigned dorm room (no more than one person per bed in room) they will be asked to go to their dorm room. If they do not have a room security will be forced to ask them to leave.
23. Members agree to comply with, as applicable, the most current version of University of Puget Sound’s campus-wide policies available at: https://www.pugetsound.edu/about/offices-services/humanresources/policies/campus-policies/
24. **Disclaimer, as not to be hauled off to Azkaban- "The Weekend of Wizardry is an immersive fan convention event, and is not endorsed, sanctioned or in any other way supported, directly or indirectly by Warner Bros. Entertainment, the Harry Potter book publishers and/or J.K.Rowling and her representatives and/or Universal Orlando. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related indicia are trademarks of and © Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © JKR."